14 January 2013

goodbye, 2012

.




An animal-filled fall...at a "Meet the Breeds" expo I even got to pet my dream dog, the English Mastiff! Favorite cooking experiments included pumpkin pie cinnamon rolls, pumpkin cheesecake brownies, homemade queso blanco dip, and triple ginger molasses cookies. So many besties visited New York, meaning much beer was had.

Then I celebrated the new year at a nautical-themed party, the Eighties cover band wearing captain's hats as sea-green balloons drifted down on us at midnight. I danced, surrounded by my favorite people, until my voice went raw. It was marvelous.

Indeed, this year had its share of marvelosity and I've been fortunate in countless ways. But I feel justified in saying overall, on a personal and physical level, 2012 was not very kind.

I guess all I can do is play alchemist and turn "unlucky" 2013 into gold. Tomorrow I'll bake donuts for the first time. Next week I'm taking a train trip south for some puppy love. Next month, a dinner party built on puff pastry and mulled wine. I'm living on plans and little pleasures, taking things one day at a time.

I hope your Gregorian calendar year is off to a brilliant start!

.

4 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful send-off to 2012, and here's hoping 2013 is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new years!
    i hope so happy new years!!!


    p.s

    Did you have a great Christmas Day?
    I just spent it by watching Home Alone. It never gets old.
    and I watched the ball at Times Square on TV. Did you watch the real thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hila and vvvv! Same to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated New Year!

    Is that Ethiopian food?

    ReplyDelete