29 July 2012

mix no. 14

.




I have long been enamored of the desert. On humid days I conjure the cold clear starlit nights of the American Southwest behind my eyelids; when rain douses the city I envision shimmery waves of hazy sand as I inhale my Sage and Honeycomb perfume.

When I fantasize my future cross-country road trip, I imagine playing jangly, twangy, drawn-out tunes the color of sunshine as we wind through the cacti, rust-red canyons in our sights.

For your own desert-inspired dreams, listen here!


Tracklist:

01.  Le Temps De L'amour - Fran├žoise Hardy
02.  Ten Cent Pistol - The Black Keys
03.  Forests and Sands - Camera Obscura
04.  Playground Love (Air Cover) - Phoenix
05.  Dig a Pony - The Beatles
06.  Furnace Room Lullaby - Neko Case
07.  Harvest Moon - Neil Young
08.  You Look So Young - The Jayhawks
09.  Good Woman - Cat Power
10.  Sweet Tuesday Morning - Badfinger
11.  Sleepless Nights - Mia Doi Todd
12.  How to Fight Loneliness - Wilco
13.  Lay, Lady, Lay - Bob Dylan
14.  All the Right Reasons - The Jayhawks
15.  Yellow Brick Road - Angus & Julia Stone

.

No comments:

Post a Comment