06 April 2012

cottage in dordogne

.

I can't say I'm that into real estate...but upon those rare occasions when I come across vacation rental listings, I can't help reading them with relish. Two sets of bunk beds? Oooh. Bikes in the garage? An ice cream shop within walking distance? Yes, please. I guess they remind me of the good old days, when my family would daydream of renting a beach house every couple of years or so.

So when I came across this listing for a converted-barn-turned-vacation-home in Dordogne, France, I couldn't help but sigh with both nostalgia and the usual wanderlust. It's so bright, so stone-walled, so orchardy, I mean come on man, is this even real?

The first thing people seem to notice when they arrive is the peace and quiet. The barn faces south-west and looks out over a meadow and then woods. Depending on the season there are masses of wild flowers (literally hundreds of orchids in the spring), animals and butterflies. Lizards scamper up the outside walls and we have seen deer in the garden and wild boar in the woods.

All images and rental information available here.




.

2 comments:

  1. I want to live within walking distance of ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose I technically do...but the corner drugstore just ain't as romantic as a French village shop! haha

    ReplyDelete