Sometimes while Wikipedia-hopping, I'll come across such mind-boggling factoids. Or at least they're fascinating to me...little connections between celebrities, truths about the world I never knew...tossed in like miscellaneous fodder at the ends of articles. Well, no more! I want to start remembering them, and even if I never go on Jeopardy!, maybe these bits of trivia will have some use by brightening your day, too.
- Billie Holiday occasionally babysat Billy Crystal when he was a little boy.
- The "walk this way!" gag from Young Frankenstein inspired the Aerosmith song of the same name.
- The lead singer of the Dire Straits wrote The Princess Bride soundtrack.
- In the 1910s and 1920s, "jelly-bean" was a slang term for "dandy."
- I guess I'm just not up on my Stephen King, but I didn't realize how many popular, non-horror films were based on his works: Stand By Me, The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Hearts in Atlantis.
- Swans, along with various other animals, often mate for life. I know I shouldn't romanticize or anthropomorphize them, but I can't help finding it sweet, hopeful, wondering what it is that makes swans choose each other forever.