10 March 2012

muppet love

.
 


I went to the Museum of the Moving Image just in time to catch the tail-end of the Jim Henson's Fantastic World exhibit, which is really great. I loved seeing early sketches and collages, and learning that Oscar the Grouch used to be pink. I liked seeing my own childhood heroes (the king and Featherstone from The Frog Prince!). I laughed out loud at Henson's early forays into advertising (see the LaChoy Dragon commercial), and teared up over the Fraggles' inspirational worldview. I marveled at his design for Cyclia, a psychedelic igloo-shaped nightclub... And the rest of the museum is also pretty rad (Cosby sweater, Mrs. Doubtfire's body suit, and vintage video games).

But of course, my favorite part was seeing my beloved Kermit in person!
.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, this is too fabulous! Lucky you, meeting Kermit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you have no idea how jealous I am! I have been dreaming of meeting the Muppets, especially after recently watching that Elmo documentary. It's so awesome that you got to see this exhibit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, ladies...so glad you appreciate them too, and glad I could share a peek with you :)

    ReplyDelete