31 March 2012

a foodie post: play the tourist in your own town

.



My sister came to visit me on her spring break...super nice, super fun, and great excuse for me to do some touristy things. While going through pictures I thought it was funny that we'd seen so many incarnations of the Statue of Liberty in one day...from the Staten Island Ferry, from my neighborhood, and a tiny version in a bakery window.




We went back to the Brooklyn Flea, which is housed in an awesome old bank building in the winter...ate the coziest brunch at Linger Cafe, which featured my new favorite food (baked eggs)...rode the cloudy/sunny ferry, wandered around, ate the most buttery cookies, admired pink facades...




...and saw Hospitality and Tennis in concert! (My love for Tennis can be seen here and here.) A great danceable show, although I think I may have enjoyed the latter better when we saw them play their '60s-esque tunes with a more gritty sound, at a house show in 2008:


 
 .

3 comments:

  1. This makes me want to visit New York again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun, I wish I could visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess both of you will just have to come back! :)

    ReplyDelete