13 February 2012

sixties crush: brian wilson

.
Who could be a better Valentine's crush than Brian Wilson, the "pop genius" behind many of The Beach Boys' best love songs?

It's been fascinating for me to look through pictures of Sixties musical icons, whom I often only associate with their voices and melodies, and see how they carried themselves. In Brian's case, I'm delighted by the way he posed for photos with such hilariously deadpan expressions. While I may have no way to know what he's truly like, I like to think these images give us a peek into the man behind the music.






Images via here and here.
.

3 comments:

  1. I love The Beach Boys! I can't seem to get enough of them lately. I never knew any of their names, though, until your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must see this:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421696/
    Fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scout - I understand, I feel like I know each of the Beatles personally but the Beach Boys seem like one harmonious unit half the time, haha - I must rectify this!

    Isa - Thanks so much, I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete