30 January 2012

mapping it out

.

It's no secret that I'm attracted to maps and globes. However, what's interesting is that I think maps' faded, earthy pastels have helped redefine my aesthetic. (How fitting, considering my blog's theme...haha.)

Bri of Designlovefest recently posted about the importance of color to personal branding and establishing your own blog identity. It got me thinking about what colors I'm drawn to again and again. (Pinterest is a great way to figure this out!)

For the last few years, it's been 1970s colors all the way - mahogany brown, burnt orange, mustard yellow, and avocado green now dominate my bedroom. But suddenly my eyes linger on antique aqua, dusty pink, sandy tan, vintage coral, and some undefinable blend of grass green and army olive. Suddenly I feel the need to redecorate that room...

What colors inspire you? When you see certain shades together, do you think "that's so me" or "that's so my blog"?




.

2 comments:

  1. Never in my life, until this year, have I ever liked pastels before. Now, though, I'm starting to notice minty greens and pretty corals. And purples and greys, which obviously belong in a different category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, purples and grays are great too. I love pastels that are even more muted (if that makes sense?), not too candy-colored or baby-like.

    ReplyDelete