26 January 2012

a foodie post: ny adventures

.




One weekend before Christmas we had a grand old time. We stopped by Central Park Zoo and saw New York's answer to my sea lion obsession. We visited the awesome Carsten Höller exhibit at the New Museum, which was basically a playground for adults. (Sadly the exhibit ended last week.) Giant mushrooms, strobe light walls, neon animal sculptures, a mirrored carousel, a three-story slide, piles of pills, upside-down goggles, and (strangely normal!) city views awaited us there. We also indulged in the best frites and aioli, my new favorite donuts (which is sayin' a lot), kick-ass arepas (with plaintain chips, yum), and the famed Momofuku Milk Bar (eh, it was okay! But their dog collages rocked).

.

6 comments:

  1. YUM! now I want some friiiieeess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, yum!

    I really enjoyed your comment on Hila's publishing post btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos! I think the white stairs and the three above them are my favorites. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I'm jealous of all your adventures, they look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like such a fun trip! and wow, that food! yum.

    ReplyDelete