24 December 2011

happy holidays

.




An unseasonably warm December and workworkwork right up until today made it fairly hard to get into the holiday spirit this year. But last weekend I had quite a few reasons to feel merry inside:

  • The insane Christmas lights across my street (there was even someone dressed up as Santa in the yard most nights!)
  • Mailing out cookie gift boxes from the bakery where I work
  • Mexican hot chocolate and making our family's traditional holiday treats (Ritz crackers sandwiched with peanut butter, dipped in white chocolate, and topped with M&Ms...so good)
  • Curling up with a loved one in front of a "fire" (it's on Netflix Instant haha) and listening to good tunes

All I need now is some cookie decorating time with the fam and I'll be good to go. (Not sure if I'm quite ready for snow yet, haha.)

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, I like the sound of those 'traditional holiday treats'! And your Netflix fire looks so ace!

    I hope you're having lovely holidays! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so simple but so good. And the fire just made my day, haha. Thanks love and I hope your hols were great!

    ReplyDelete