14 November 2011

san fran snaps

.




Photos from my recent trip to California.

Pictured above: Breakfast in seventy-degree sunshine. Amazing architecture. Sunset views from the boy's porch (!). Halloween madness. A day trip to San Francisco. The most tender big-as-ya-head apple fritters in the world. Azkaban I mean Alcatraz. A beautifully-plated autumn meal. The best coffee ice cream I've ever had. A pretty Burton-esque park. Giant-ass gulls (think Scuttle from The Little Mermaid!). Realizing sea lions do little more than bark, battle for basking space, and stare at the sky.

Considering we are smart-phone-less folk, I'm pretty proud we didn't get lost. But when a few of our destinations ended up being closed, we were at a bit of a loss and wandered for hours through the Mission district. We finally came across some fries with aioli, and spent the rest of the evening by the water drinking Blue Bottle Coffee. I ain't complaining....

On the agenda for next time: Full House houses (his request, not mine). Explore some redwoods, cross the bridge. Haight-Ashbury. Dip toes in Pacific Ocean for first time.

.

9 comments:

  1. These pictures are fantastic, that dinner looks amazing - what is it? And you get lots of cool points for referencing Harry Potter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, so pretty. i love those blue tights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scout - Haha, thanks! Let's see, I think it was pork tenderloin with a strawberry balsamic reduction and caramelized red onions, served over roasted sweet potatoes, next to kale with sundried tomatoes. Mm...

    Natalie - Thanks so much! And would you believe that he was actually painted blue from head to toe, no tights...ack. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm partial to the food pictures, must be hungry! I've never made it to San Fran (I know, shame on me...) but I love looking at pictures from other peoples travels! funfun

    ReplyDelete
  5. bob's donuts! i LOVE that place! they have the best apple fritters ever (which i see you got). i always love seeing my hometown through other people's photography. so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, these are so beautiful! and all the food images are making me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all <3 Glad you enjoy food photos as much as I do! ;)

    Jacqueline - I simply cannot wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete