01 October 2011

a foodie post: the brooklyn flea

.




I've been to the Brooklyn Flea in Williamsburg at least 4 or 5 times since I arrived in New York! It's lovely, right by the waterfront...and chock full of delicious food (including my weakness, amazing donuts).

On Saturday the location hosts an all-food market called Smorgasburg that's a great place to browse at lunchtime. The flea market is in the same location on Sundays, and many of the same food vendors come back.

Now I just need to try the original flea market at Fort Greene! I can't wait.






Have I mentioned that Brooklyn is a great place for dog-watching? (Hannah, I thought you might appreciate that :)





Dim sum for dinner later that night.






And okay, this isn't strictly food related (although there was free PBR at the event) -- but, more dogs!

Last month my friend's doggie won the Brooklyn Hipster Puppies pageant!

(Yes, such a thing exists.)






Such a cutie.

.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome!! The Brooklyn Flea and Smorgasburg are on my New York to-do list, but now I'm even more excited about the dog watching opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such great shots! flea markets as so photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could eat that doughnut right now! yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jacqueline! Mallory -- it was blood orange flavored :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just there on Sept. 25! I wonder if we passed each other. :) So funny - I've been twice now while visiting my friend in Brooklyn, and both times I walked out empty handed and tummy full. I get a little overwhelmed by all the cool clothes, jewelry and home goods, but handle the food vendors just fine. When I was there a couple of weeks ago I had a cantaloup chai popsicle, basil lemonade, watermelon juice, fish taco and sampled some great rose jam. The time before that, Asia Dog turned my world upside down and inspired a hot dog themed birthday party for my 32nd. great post and wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just watched Breakfast at Tiffany's last night... and there is Audrey drinking milk from a fancy glass again. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda! That's awesome. I think I was there the weekend before but perhaps we just missed each other! :) I'm jealous, I'm easily overwhelmed by all the food choices so I haven't tried too much yet! But so far I love fresh, creative juices and Dough Donuts the best!

    ReplyDelete