23 September 2011

mix no. 7

.




I think I collect covers the way other people collect... things? Pokemon cards? In any case I have many, and love discovering new ones.

Here are some of my very favorite musical covers. A few of them are silly pop songs, but many are quite special to me. I particularly like when guys' songs are performed by girls, or vice versa, or rock numbers are sung stripped down. There's something strangely intriguing about a tune so beloved, so familiar, becoming somehow new.


Listen here!


Tracklist:

01.  Lovefool (Cardigans Cover) - The Morning Benders
02.  Say My Name (Destiny's Child Cover) - Superchunk
03.  Where Is My Mind? (Pixies Cover) - Emmy the Great
04.  There is a Light that Never Goes Out (The Smiths Cover) - The Lucksmiths
05. For The Widows In Paradise, For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti (Sufjan Stevens Cover) - The Good Natured
06.  Bleeding Love (Leona Lewis Cover) - Mystery Jets
07.  Take On Me (a-Ha Cover) - Anni B Sweet
08.  Pursuit of Happiness (Kid Cudi Cover) - Lissie
09.  All of the Lights (Kanye West Cover) - Cris Cab
10.  Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper Cover) - Eva Cassidy
11.  Your Love (The Outfield Cover) - Bon Iver
12.  Everybody's Changing (Keane Cover) - Lily Allen
13.  All That She Wants (Ace of Base Cover) - The Kooks
14.  Higher Love (Steve Winwood Cover) - James Vincent McMorrow
15.  I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You (Black Kids Cover) - Kate Nash
16.  Jimmy (M.I.A. Cover) - of Montreal
17.  Whatever You Like (T.I. Cover) - Anya Marina
18.  You're The One That I Want (Grease Cover) - Angus & Julia Stone
19.  Reptilia (Strokes Cover) - Howie Beck
20.  Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (The Shirelles Cover) - Lykke Li
21.  Hotel California (The Eagles Cover) - Cat Empire
22.  Funeral (Band of Horses Cover) - Serena Ryder and The Beauties

.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to listen to this, some of these covers look intriguing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT, i can already see some exciting names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your mixes. I love to see what other people are listening to, so mixes are my favorite thing to find on blogs. Do you have any mixes aimed at Autumn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hannah & Kamila, I hope you enjoyed!

    Scout - thank you so much! I agree. And as a matter of fact an autumn mix is next on my list so stay tuned! ;)

    ReplyDelete