26 July 2011

mix no. 4

.




Once upon a time, I read somewhere that "Bigmouth Strikes Again" is on J.K. Rowling's "Desert Island Disc." Some Wikipedia-ing revealed that Desert Island Discs is a long-running BBC Radio 4 program, during which a celebrity guest or "castaway" must consider being stranded on a deserted island. What single book, luxury item, and eight pieces of music would they bring along, and why?

Inspired by the idea, I've kept a playlist in my iTunes called "Desert Island" for the last few years, and it's gone through some serious changes. New favorite songs get added, only to be removed when they don't withstand the test of time. The songs that I can truly listen to over and over without barfing are the ones it seems I can't live without.

Who really knows what makes us like the songs we do? Mine are certainly a motley group of tracks. Judge my personality accordingly if you must! Haha. And if you compose your own Desert Island Mix, I'd love to see it.

Meanwhile listen to mine here!


Tracklist:

01. Oh No - Andrew Bird
02. Loxtep - The Annuals
03. Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys
04. I Get Around - The Beach Boy
05. Wine Red - The Hush Sound
06. Afternoon Tea - The Kinks
07. One Night Stand - Jazmine Sullivan
08. Today - Smashing Pumpkins
09. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel
10. Each Coming Night - Iron and Wine
11. Oh Well, Okay - Elliott Smith
12. California Dreamin' - The Mamas and The Papas
13. The Idea of a Statue - Curiosity Shop
14. Lithium - Nirvana
15. Walking With a Ghost - Tegan and Sara
16. All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
17. The Funeral - Band of Horses
18. Saint Simon - The Shins
19. Across the Universe (World Wildlife Fund Version) - The Beatles
20. I Can't Stop Your Memory - Of Montreal

.

2 comments: