10 June 2011

vintage vendredi: paint by numbers

 .

raspberryrobin



Ah, paint by numbers. My only childhood association involves a labor-intensive wolf painting my sisters and I completed one summer. But they were a true fad way back when, after Max S. Klein developed paint by number kits in 1950. Nowadays, I see them making a bit of a comeback on the shabby-chic circuit (and my roomie has currently completed three while watching TV, it's awesome).  But I have to say there's nothing like the piecey-yet-realistic look of a true vintage paint by number, made with love by some earnest artist in the past.



AlloftheAbove
VintageZen
Amy Gieske
Splinkville
JunqueInTheTrunque
SurrenderDorothy
northbrooklyndrygood
goodvintage
Matangi
twolittlesmom
5gardenias
Little Edith Bee

.

No comments:

Post a Comment