12 May 2011

mix no. 1

.




So, a little secret:  one of the reasons I even wanted to start a blog in the first place was to share my music mixes. I know they're kind of all over the blogosphere right now, but I'm going to post them anyway. Giving carefully-ordered mixes to those I love and spreading fervor for my favorite bands has been making me happy for years, so why stop now? I'm also hoping to add a little dose of weirdness to the web (plans are laid for a harpsichord mix, a sha-la-la mix, and more).

This playlist is entitled "giddy" because, simply enough, the songs lift my spirits. They're jangly, sunny and sing-along-happy, perfect for a spring roadtrip or getting pumped in the morning. I hope you enjoy!

Listen here.


Tracklist:

01. Don't Say Oh Well - Grouplove
02. Long Boat Pass - Tennis
03. Out of the Blue - Julian Casablancas
04. The Mummy - Benji Hughes
05. What's It In For? - Avi Buffalo
06. Runaround Sue - Dion & The Belmontes
07. Back to Back - Wolf Gang
08. It Doesn't Have To Be Beautiful - Slow Club
09. The Wolf - Miniature Tigers
10. Early Warnings - Foreign Born
11. Perfect (In My Mind) - Gold Motel
12. Dilly - Band of Horses
13. Stumbling Through the Dark - The Jayhawks
14. Another Sunny Day - Belle and Sebastian
15. Phantom Limb (The Shins cover) - Mecanico
16. One Day - Sharon Van Etten
17. What a Pleasure - Beach Fossils
18. Gimme Little Sign - Brenton Wood
19. Bhang Bhang, I'm a Burnout - Dum Dum Girls
20. Die Young - The Sweet Serenades
21. Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac Cover) - The Cranberries

.

4 comments:

  1. What a great name for this mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a lovely mix :) I particularly like the cranberries' cover of 'go your own way'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to download this and listen to it while I'm cooking dinner! I love listening to upbeat music while I'm cooking… I'm sure it makes the food taste better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Hila!

    and I hope your music + cooking experience was a happy one, Hannah :)

    ReplyDelete