04 February 2011

vintage vendredi: scarves



 
(Left to right: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)



My Etsy searches for mid-century magnificence uncovered some seriously snazzy scarves.

I hadn't really considered before how versatile scarves are! I'm going to have to pull out my pile of thrift store scarves and try wearing them new ways, such as....

a)  tied under the chin or tossed elegantly over the shoulder in the so-called "Grace Kelly" style (although Audrey actually wore scarves that way more often)
b)  knotted atop the head like Rosie the Riveter  (or a pirate)
c)  around the neck a la Daphne Blake (or Fred, for that matter)

....or on my purse, as a belt, as a shaw, as a bow around my ponytail, what have you. Because they're just too beautiful to let lie in the closet. Many are a true work of art!



cottagewear


theluckyfish


futurevogue


theluckyfish


zaama


fabfashion


thrush


theluckyfish


TERIREESWANG


theluckyfish


plastictags


theluckyfish


thebetties


theluckyfish





2 comments:

  1. so completely adorable.
    oh my! vintage is awesome.
    thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you stopped by!!

    ReplyDelete