24 February 2011

wanderlusting after.... san francisco



 



This weekend, my love is traveling to the west coast without me. A graduate school is wining and dining him, but significant others were not invited along. Ah well.






I just can't help daydreaming about where he'll be going. San Francisco has been on my wanderlust backburner for so long now. In part because I've been brainwashed by quite a few movies set in the area. In part because of the rumored amazing fresh food that beckons to my tongue. In part because I'm drawn to any terrain involving beaches, cliffs, or hills. I'm enchanted by the idea of redwoods. I want to dip my toes into that other ocean, breathe that air.

And....I have a strange obsession with sea lions!




(To understand why, simply see here and here.)



I'm hoping a sea lion will be my San Fran souvenir (hint hint).


(Pictures are from San Francisco, Berkeley, and Palo Alto, since my mind is roving all over the Bay Area today! Images linked to their sources.)




No comments:

Post a Comment