17 February 2011

wanderlusting after.... alaska

.
.


Recently I was talking to my dad about all the travels he's gotten to take for work. He's been to dozens of the United States, and several countries around the world.

Semi-jokingly, I asked him which trip -- out of all the places he's visited in his life -- was his most favorite. (If he could even choose!). But to my surprise, he didn't hesitate. He immediately said "Alaska."

He told me it was the most breathtaking landscape he has ever seen. And I think I can envision that. I think I can feel the stark beauty of Alaska just from these lovely, often-haunting pictures.

(More images behind the jump.)







Images are linked to their sources. Special thanks to wonderful shop
SalmonberryThoughts for many of these pictures. 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment